Friday, October 30, 2009

Pandan butter cake =)




Yummm~ yum!!~~ I was craving for Pandan Chiffon for the longest time and obviously I did not try to bake it cause I can't even bake proper butter cake! :P

I took another nice looking recipe from some random web and failed again! T_T I don't understand why lo, everytime it has to turn out wet looking inside which is quite weird cause I've never seen that while I bake in M'sia! huhu So yea, learn from experiences! can't count how many cakes baking sessions have I failed so kinda used to it now...T_T

BUT this is a success :) It's not the spongy chiffon kinda feelings but hey it tasted like pandan! haha and um no coconut milk taste cause its unhealthy and fat so yea i used milk instead :)

It is actually the same recipe as http://coya4ever.blogspot.com/2009/10/buttercake-obsession-and-some-randoms.html just I twisted a little.

Things I've changed are:
1) From butter to unsalted butter! 100grams
2) Add 1/2 tsp of pandan paste (approx. only, I simply add one =_=)
3) Used 1 3/4 all purpose/plain flour + 1/2 tablespoon baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt! (This time I used plain flour cause I don't have anymore self-raising left)

It is better to use cake flour, will make the cake lighter but I cannot find cake flour here.

That's all =)

I bet anyone can bake better than me with the same recipe lo! SIAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment