Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Butter cake obsession !!~

I suddenly felt like eating butter cake when I get home from library today, not the fancy looking ones (cause I can't bake that) haha but just those normal plain yellow ones, so I bake it once I'm home. The first time was a total nightmare and I was obviously super upset about it! Its like hey my cooking skills suck already, even butter cake also failed meh? omg. Without hesitating I whipped up another one, with a slight twist to the recipe and yeay! a SUCCESS, so obviously is the recipe's problem right? hehe I bake it at 2.00am and it feels so good...


 

Ta---DAaaaa~ Ok I know my food entries always look super low-class with lousy photos, so? this is my blog and this cake is yummy!!! maybe rounded with some decorations will do the trick! =) but I suck at it so didn't bother trying.

No dense part on the cake, and so yum! looks ok too the skin I think haha so this recipe is a keeper for me and I need to write it down!!

Recipe:
1 3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup castor sugar
100gm butter (softened) - I used 150gms(according to original recipe) at first and failed badly, read some reviews online n found that my type of butter is too dense so I used less.
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla. Add in milk and lastly flour! Um just beat until smooth is enough, I simply estimated it and bake at 175 degrees, not sure how long, depends on your cake size though, mine takes only like 25 minutes? But the recipe stated an hour.

2 comments:

  1. oOooohh!! more baking~ YUMMY!!! ^^ Good thing u always post up the recipe. so i can try them in the future. hehe!! n if it ever becomes a success (low possibility)... i will surely credit it to u. wahahhaha!! Happy-bUtter-cAkey!!!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha you will definitely success if i succeeded lo!! hahaha cause I'm a big time failure in baking too T_T haha

    ReplyDelete