Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cookies success! ^_^

I basically and obviously cannot remember what I did for the whole of this week! =_= What I remembered was staying home to study and um procrastinate lil here and there, work for 3 days and now its Sunday again! wtf...Oh I had curry chicken and monday and tuesday!! omfg tasty yum~ satisfaction lol and um Adobo on Friday?

Ok, whatever. Just a short blog to write down my cookies success today! hoho~ I don't think its an easy task to keep blogging things that happened cause I just don't remember! Argghh Oh well, today I better write it down before I forgot again.

Chocolate chips Cookies! I was craving for this for a long time but I don't have choc chips and sugar at home! Finally after working yesterday night, I went to get some..hehe...I guess baking in the middle of the night is still the best after all ^^

The first time I baked this type of cookies few months ago, it was indeed yummy but the presentation was such a failure!! It became super flat while baking and I had to use the muffin tin to bake them so they are in shape, but still, fail right?

I decided to try again last night! Why last night? Because I wanna chill/freeze them!

This is the recipe I used, twisted here and there =)

Makes about 100 small cookies =)
- 2 1/4 cups of self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or just 3/4 cup is enough (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- as much choc chips as you like! =) 

What to do?
1) Mix self-raising flour and salt, put aside.
2) Cream butter and both sugar until light and fluffy!
3) Add in eggs one by one, just well combined.
4) Add in the vanilla essence.
5) In parts, add in the flour and mix on low speed until just well combined.
6) Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir in the choc chips!! More the better =)
7) Bake of 175 degree celsius for 10 minutes! or until the edge browns.

- Put the dough in airtight container and chill overnight! =)  or chill in the freezer for 20 minute and you are ready to bake!

This morning, I just rolled them into tiny balls and put them on cooking paper, 2 inches apart. and they turned out ====>


Denggg dengg dengg dengggg hahaha!! Ok they don't look like they are the best la, but still super yummy lo! =P They are properly shaped, not thin like paper, spread out just nice, satisfaction =)

I also rolled some of the dough into balls and put in the freezer so I can still enjoy freshly baked cookies next week or even next next week!! yummyy~

Besides, I saw some tips on the internet yesterday, if you purchased some cheap cookies in bulk, u can soften them by placing slices of white bread in the container and it will become soft the next day!!!! I haven't try it but I think it works =) so don't ever throw your wrong purchase again! It seems that the cookies will suck the water from the bread and the bread will become hardrock the next day =_=

ok got to go! bye bye bloggie ^^

2 comments:

  1. mMmmm.... i can almost smelL the aroma of the fReshly baked coOkies. haha!! looks yumMy! u damn semangat bake lor... especially since its so close to exams. haha!! but i guess... one must keep one happy! ho ho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhah yea i need something happy to keep me going :P like food!! hoho Oh I make the dough around 1.00am, then I store in fridge and go to bed lo, roll some and bake for 10 minutes the next morning!! just ten minutes :) so its ok la..hehehe not like im studying 24/7 ma hehe

    ReplyDelete